Friday, April 18, 2008

Anyone feel the earthquake?

It happened around 4:30 or 4:40 in the morning.
People were going on like it really was a major earthquake. Describing the whole rolling floor feeling and everything!
I didn't feel a thing. I didn't wake up. Nothing.
I did however experience an earthquake in california. I was at my parents home in Palm Desert. I was sleeping in a room with a very loud air conditioner and in the middle of the night after I had just dozed off, I started to wake up thinking that the air conditioner was going crazy. It was suddenly so loud and it was making the room shake but no, it wasn't that. I bolted out of bed just as it stopped. But ran in to find my sister completely freaked out. (We were watching the house while my parents had gone on a trip.
She had an entirely different experience. She heard every glass in the house rattle. The closet doors were swinging open and close as were the doors. I missed it all.
The next morning as we sat out on the patio having breakfast, suddenly, the earth burped. It felt like it burped. There was this very unsettling rolling feeling underneath us. Just a quick “bloop!” Although it didn't actually go “bloop,” it's just a word that best described the feeling. You know, a “bloop.”

So again, anyone feel this morning's bloop?