Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Morning mind dump

I am sad that [Title of Show] is closing on Broadway. Have you heard about this show? Have you listened to the hysterical cast album? I am hoping it will continue on... and I am channeling that the original cast might take it around to various cities... are you guys listening?

We have new upstairs neighbors and today they are moving their furniture up the back porch stairs. Clomp, clomp, clomp. Nice people. They have a dog. A huskie. These are just random facts and the various miniscule things I know about them. Let's see what else... well, I met them because their toilet overflowed and was dripping into OUR bathroom. Nice way to meet your new neighbors. I thought it was funny that they were so profusely apologizing. I mean, it's not THEIR fault. What were they thinking I would do when I opened the door to their knockity knock... I would open the door in a ratty robe and curlers (scotch taped to my head) and say, “Who the hell do you think you ARE?!!! Overflowing your toilet... what is WRONG with you?!!!! I know you did it on purpouse. You Toilet overflowers you!!!!!”

No. I shrugged it off. I mean it kind of freaked me out at first because the water that was dripping was not CLEAR water. So, that disturbed me. But when you live in a world of kitty litter, you start to become immune to... wait, that's kitty litter I am talking about, the tidy little litter that you put in a bag... (sounds like a catchy slogan, huh?) No, this is HUMAN!!!!!!!! Arrrrgghhhhhh!!!!!

But it was only the color that it was because of seeping through the floor boards. Seriously. But it still freaked me out. Hepititis nightmares danced in my head as I mopped it up and tried not to get any of it on me. And ofcourse as I am cleaning it up, it drips ON my head. Unclean... unclean!!!!

How we take for granted our sewer systems.

Ok. So I will continue on a sewer rant.
Up at my sisters, they have a natural well that to me, is about as UN-natural as it can be. Mainly because their water smells like rotten eggs. THEY are used to it. ME who comes from the city of purified to within an inch of it's life H2O from the faucet (yet we still drink Brita)... to me, it just absolutely REEKED... is that how you spell that? It stank. In the shower you are aromatherapied with this overwhelming sulfer smell. And yes, I quoted Glinda while in the bathroom, “what a smell of sulfur!!!” (for my own entertainment).

My sister asked me, “You can smell it? We can't smell it anymore.”
Well, yes, you can smell it. “Aren't you concerned what this may be doing to you over time?” I the paranoid city folk asked. “No.” Sis shrugged going back to her Soduko puzzle.

When I was a kid we used to be able to ignite our water. Another incident of natural well, with natural gas coming from the well and indeed, you would run the faucet and then light a match by the water coming out of the faucet and like a pilot light on a stove, it would light up, ignite... fire surrounding the stream of water. Isn't that weird? It was one of our house tricks, to amuse company when they came over. That and our singing window panes, but that's another story.

Ok. Mind clear. Off I go to seize the day.