Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Island of Has Been Stars...

Daytime and late night TV.
The home of Rerun television and cheezy commercials.
How I love the cheezy commercial.
How I love to spell cheezy just the way I did.

The new “Sally Struthers” has made her mark. Maureen McCormick implores us to save the children, with a very strained and hardened face.

Wow.
Marcia.
Again, wow.

And then for some commercial for a cash lending company there's Mr. Gary Coleman who actually NOW is throwing in the towel and using his catch phrase. He says it though with absolutely no emotion. Poor old zombie Arnold. Mrs. Garrett looks away hoping to not turn into a pillar of salt. He might as well be wearing a shirt that says, “sold out.” But for him that is a good thing. It's good that he scrapes the bottom of the barrel for the ONE thing left he has to spray in our faces like pop culture mace. (sp)

But seeing him do it... it's sad. Perhaps the overall conscensus was that the fact that he WASN'T saying it anymore meant that he had some kind of pride or something or other going on.

Hmmm... Gary Coleman... pride.
Ponder that one for a minute.

Back to Marcia.
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.
She looks mad.
She's just so damn mad that she is resorting to this level of showbusiness.
You can ONLY get to this level by having gone up the ladder. But most times these folks aren't looking down when they descend the ladder and then they realize the ladder leads them back down to such television spots.

Oh well.
Good for them. They're working...
But I must say it gives me a start to see them.
They seriously burst onto the tv.
When Mr. Coleman did, I actually yelped.
And when I saw Marcia, I said, “Oh My Nose!”